The results are in. Yoga is not only having a profound effect on people’s lives, but on business, too. Today, more than ever, organizations recognize and openly endorse the positive impact yoga is having in the workplace. Why? Because yoga is a low-cost high yield proposition that works. Just like with good health- you reap what you sow- today, tomorrow, every day, and the same is true for business. Some of the major corporations experiencing greater employee and organizational well-being and success include Forbes, Wall Street brokerage firms, Apple, Google, General Motors, Harpo, Aetna and more.
Why Yoga, why now? Because STRESS is a silent killer and is responsible for over 90% of all doctor visits. In the United States alone, companies are spending hundreds of billions of dollars for employee stress related illnesses. These numbers represent a huge opportunity to create positive change for people and the workplace- building a new paradigm of well-being that is sustainable and profitable. Here are a few blended benefits that address the threat of stress from a company’s perspective:
- Reduced Health Care Claims
- Increased Job Satisfaction
- Lower Attrition Rates
- Increased Creativity
- Greater Sense of Well-being, for Self and Co-Workers
- Increased Performance
Additional Company Benefits
1. Unlike the construction of a Gym, or the space required for a running track, Yoga doesn’t require complex infrastructures, just a simple room that allows people to go “off the grid”, find a quiet, safe, technology free zone. Coming back to a project or task list with a fresh perspective is worth its weight in gold.
2. Death by meetings happen in traditional meeting rooms- true innovation happens when people are able to open up their mind and body in spaces that make them feel alive. Again, using the wellness room for people to let off tension first, get their creative juices flowing with some simple yoga moves, meditation or breathing open up creative channels- the brain depends and thrives on oxygen- so breathe in some innovation and change the outcome of your next meeting.
3. Providing Yoga classes at the workplace eliminates time wasted by employees going to Yoga Studios away from the office and since time equates to money and energy equates to money, why waste it?
4. Giving employees an opportunity to practice Yoga together fosters a sense of community among them and this translates to more harmonious working relationships. The company is only as strong as their weakest link (in this case employee) so by taking care of oneself and each other, the company culture becomes one that is strong, supportive and resilient.
5. Offering Yoga classes for employees also ultimately leads to a significant cut in operating costs. Healthy, happy, thriving employees take less sick offs and make fewer disability claims- a win for the employees and the organization.
What Can Employees Expect to Feel?
- More Energy
- Alleviated Stress and Tension
- Increased Flexibility
- Strengthened Immune System
- Greater Concentration
- Lower Blood Pressure
Additional Employee Benefits
Physically Yoga is great for relieving head, neck and back strain especially for employees that spend a lot of time on a desk. It also alleviates the symptoms of carpal tunnel syndrome, restlessness, and high blood pressure. For employees who are vulnerable to injuries caused by making repetitive motions such as lifting and moving objects, Yoga is usually key in relieving the strain on the body.
Other than relieving stress, Yoga significantly improves one’s abilities to concentrate, multi-task and make sound decisions in life and business. Science also shows, those who practice Yoga also tend to have a more positive attitude and outlook in life and therefore pleasant to work with.
Corporate Prana, a San Diego-based wellness company, has a simple and affordable approach for all your individual and corporate Yoga needs. With every company being unique and employee demographics changing, adaptibility is key. Our programs are customized to fit the needs of your company and employees.
Furthermore, we offer executive wellness coaching services to individuals and corporate executive teams who wish to incorporate mindfulness, meditation, stress management and emotional intelligence into their career for a more conscious leadership approach.
Other than providing Yoga classes and coaching services, we are able to design wellness spaces that provide the conducive atmosphere for practicing Yoga. Visit Corporate Prana to explore the endless benefits of bringing yoga to your life and organization.